Friday, February 4, 2011

Enjoy more SLO Foods.

I'm sure you've heard of SLO foods- seasonal, local and organic.  I try to incorporate these into my meals as often as possible as they taste better and more affordable (when in season) they're fresher and more eco-friendly (local) and better for you (no pesticides, organically grown.)

I incorporated several of these ingredients this week, and a couple today. 

I start every morning with either a skim latte or skim cafe mocha- always made with nonfat Organic milk.  I use two home brewed shots of espresso, 3/4 cups milk, and 1 Tbsp of Starbuck's mocha powder- all for 2 points.

Cafe Mocha


My lunch today included organic romaine lettuce and vine tomatoes, along with local avocados. 

Cobb Salad


2 cups organic romaine lettuce leaves
2 small vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp. low fat blue cheese dressing (I love the new yogurt based dressings from Marie's- 2 pts for 2 tbsp.)
3 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (1 pt.)
2 oz. grilled chicken, shredded (2 pts.)
1/4 avocado, chopped (2 pts.)
1 tbsp bacon crumbles (1 pt.)
Entree sized salad, 8 pts with three servings of vegetables, 2 servings of lean protein and a serving of healthy fat.

Since tonight is the last meal I'll eat before weighing in tomorrow morning, I am careful not to eat a lot of carbohydrates, or use any salt- don't want to retain any water.

My gorgeous dinner plate is Raspberry Chipotle Glazed Pork Tenderloin  (3 oz and 1 tbsp of sauce, 4 pts)with roasted organic sweet potatoes ( 3.5 ounces for 2 pts.) and steamed organic zucchini (0 pts.).  I just love the colors on the plate.  The only thing missing is a glass of pinot noir, but I'll have that this weekend.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment