Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day One, BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad

It's a rainy Sunday here in SoCal, so for lunch the weather was making me crave a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.  But then I remembered I had all the ingredients for a great BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad so I chose that instead.  I had a mediocre one at CPK in the Las Vegas airport Friday night, but I knew I could make a better one, and today I did.  I started building my salad as follows:

BBQ CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD

2 cups lettuce greens, bite size pieces
2 tbsp. cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 Roma tomato, chopped
1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 tbsp. yellow corn
2 tbsp. black beans
2 tbsp. low fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. low fat homemade ranch dressing
3 oz. grilled chicken
1 tbsp. bbq sauce

I assembled this entree sized salad in my bowl and enjoyed with a glass of sparkling water.  It was delicious and delivered 3 servings of vegetables, and a serving of lean protein.  If you're counting Weight Watchers Points Plus values, it was 7 points.  Between the protein from the chicken, beans and cheese this will definitely keep me full until dinner.

Have a nice day, and see what's on my plate tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment